Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default 1982 Bordeaux

I met with a few friends to open a few bottles of 1982 Bordeaux that
one member of the group wanted to open and share. Lucky me.

1982 Chateau Margaux-The lightest in color of the group slightly
brickish. Elegant nose of cassis and cedar with a typical floral
violet aroma. Powerful yet light on the palate with plenty of cedar,
tobacco and red berry.

1982 Chateau Haut Brion-Medium bodied, brickish at the rim. Very
aromatic with lots of stony mineral on the nose. Black currant and
leather with a fair amount of cigarbox.

1982 Chateau La Tour Haut Brion-Inky purple. A huge nose of sweet
cassis. Brutally tannic still needs time. Lots of black fruits and
black dirt. My first encounter with this bottle.

1982 Chateau Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande-WOTN. WOW.
Incredible richness in the nose. Prototypical Pauillac with a ton of
cassis and lead pencil on the very rich full nose. Lots of dense
black fruits, anise, espresso, cedar and graphite.

These wines were served with grilled lamp "pops" and Allen Brothers
New York Strips grilled to perfection. Thank God for Lipitor.