Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_15_] Andy[_15_] is offline

Default Insurance Rates

George said...

> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Yes, I've noticed the change, too, now that you mention it.
>>>
>>> I'm an old man, according to some in here, and I certainly don't enjoy
>>> driving on SOCAL highways. Way too stressful.

>> If you think that it is scary driving a car among people like that you
>> should try bicycling or motorcycling. It is hard enough for some people
>> to pay attention enough to see cyclists, but now there is the added
>> distraction of the cell phone. Thank goodness it is going to be illegal
>> to use one while driving here within a few months.

> I drive a lot and also cycle and I think its attitude more than
> cellphone use. I think the worst and most dangerous drivers by far are
> the self centered I am in my 4 ton cocoon fluffed up truck drivers.

George,

Allow me to chip in...

I'm constantly shocked at the people who jog or bicycle at me in my lane,
thereby far reducing the time/distance to take evasive action. I always
hammer the car horn at them! I've gotten some pretty severe objections but
I'm never bothered about that. It is against the law to flow into traffic
like that, I do belive.

Best,

Andy
--