Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Insurance Rates

Mack A. Damia wrote:

>> While the accident rates for young males are slightly higher than
>> females, males tend to drive more. At least, at the time those stats
>> they did. Things seem a lot different these days. There seems to be
>> more young women at the wheel, and many of them have the same bad
>> driving habits that young men used to have. I used to see all sorts of
>> accidents involving young men, but these days the drivers involved seem
>> to be young women and old people.

> Yes, I've noticed the change, too, now that you mention it.
>
> I'm an old man, according to some in here, and I certainly don't enjoy
> driving on SOCAL highways. Way too stressful.

If you think that it is scary driving a car among people like that you
should try bicycling or motorcycling. It is hard enough for some people
to pay attention enough to see cyclists, but now there is the added
distraction of the cell phone. Thank goodness it is going to be illegal
to use one while driving here within a few months.