Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default (bbq) Easy to make sauce suggestions please

Bob-tx wrote:
> I am looking for an easy to make (less than about ten ingrediants)
> barbecue sauce that goes good with pulled pork.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Bob-tx

Here is the recipe I use. It's very easy and you can substitute whatever
spices you like best. You might prefer a zingier sauce and want to add
hotter pepper, like cayenne or other ground hot pepper.

The recipe is very tolerant for spice changes.

I use Splenda for sweetening because DH is Diabetic. Even if you
substitute brown sugar, white sugar, honey, molasses or leave out the
sweetener all together, it's a lot healthies than those store-bought
bottles of red -colored high-fructose corn syrup, IMHO.

BBQ Sauce

Recipe By :Janet Wilder
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sauces, Dressings & Gravies

1 teaspoon cumin seeds -- toasted
1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup cider vinegar -- add an extra teaspoon if you
want
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon dried onion
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon New Mexico red chili powder
2 tablespoons Splenda Granular

After toasting the cumin seeds in a dry skillet, grind them in a mortar
and pestle. Sift through a mesh strainer to remove the chaff.

With a small, wire whisk, mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15
minutes until the flavors are blended.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas