Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] is offline

Default TWILLY LIAR was: Eating a burger with a knife and fork

blake murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 17:24:19 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>

>>Pussy Katz ranted:

>>>Everything I've ever cooked is perfection...

>>Perfection to YOU, I suppose, but then you just don't know any better. Pity.
>>What I wrote above is spot-on. You failed to brown your stew meat properly,
>>which was clearly shown in the pictures you posted. Now you claim that the
>>interior of your burgers tastes better than the exterior, which means you
>>failed to brown *them* correctly also. I guess it's no great loss to you,
>>since at your age your sense of smell has deteriorated to the point that you
>>can't tell the difference anyway, and that anemic-looking stuff you eat is
>>easier on your teeth. It might as well be tofu right out of the package.
>>

> everything sheldon knows about fine food he learned in the navy.
>
> your pal,
> blake

He had a fit when i mentioned me mums boiled meat loaf even after i
posted the Escoffier version of it "Sou Fassum Provencale" he still
maintained his patented "Sheldonianisms" regarding it.

Besides, any 'Maillard' reaction isn't going to help bad ingredients.

A fresh caramelized carrot is going to be better than a caramelized 2
week old carrot.

Though i gots to say, i still don't brown bones im going to use for
stock, i prefer to put them in the water raw and let them simmer for 24
hours or more.

Animal flesh is another matter, I do love a good boiled beef and i will
definitely give it a good surface browning before i set it to simmer for
at a minimum of 2 hours.

THe "elderly relative" was shocked when i quickly whipped up a dish of
rice and veggies with cubes of boiled beef for her on the spur of the
moment.

After a long day of medical tests and running around from labs to
offices & back again she just wanted to collapse when we got home but
was very hungry (fasting blood sugar or something) and so i quickly stir
fried some left over rice, fresh veggies and some cubed boiled beef i
had previously cooked and stuck in the freezer. Served it with a dash
of soy sauce and sesame oil and a sprinkle of cayenne and she was very
happy with it but couldn't figure out how i got the beef so well done &
so tender so quickly
--
JL