Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Seriously good Kabinett

Saturday was just a beer at a Korean place before we went to see "The
Soloist" with another couple. Sunday Betsy browned some smoked pork
chops and made a sauce with cider, mustard and vinegar, served with
green beans and salad. Wine was the Willi Schaefer Graacher Domprobst
Riesling Kabinett . Bright, bracing, and beautiful, this is what I
look for in Kabinett (and I liked this better than its widely
acclaimed Spatlese brother tried a few months ago). Crisp Fuji and
Granny Smith apple fruit, a little white nectarine, loads of slatey
minerality on the finish. Crisp and zippy acids, balanced sweetness,
this 8% abv beauty vanishes quickly. This could age, but why? A-

*