Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Cleatarrior Cleatarrior is offline

Default Jake's "Smokehouse" in Virginia Beach, VA

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> In ,
> > typed:
>> In alt.food.barbecue, Nunya Bidnits > wrote:
>>
>>> So anyway I am not the least bit amazed when I hear that people from
>>> any part of this great nation haven't the slightest clue as to what
>>> constitutes good barbecue.

>> My kids have gone to barbecue competitions since they were barely
>> able to talk. We live in New England, not exactly known as a mecca
>> of good Q.
>>
>> Once, when my older son was about 10, we went to Chilis. He wanted
>> the Baby Back Ribs. I tries to tell him that they were unlikely to
>> be what he thought of as "BBQ ribs", but he really wanted them, and
>> he ordered them anyways.
>>
>> When they came, he tried them, and then he wouldn't eat them. We sent
>> them back and got him a burger.

> Amen. Processed in a machine that spits a little smoke from burnt sawdust,
> cryo'd, frozen, warehoused forever, thawed and heated at a restaurant while
> being boiled in sickly sweet goo isn't barbecue. Good for you for not
> letting your kid grow up deprived.
>
> MartyB in KC
> raised on KC barbecue, real chocolate malts, and a good red hot or
> knackwurst here and there

Any votes on national-regional chains ribs?

I've had Famous Daves' - not too bad, certainly a leg up on those Chilis
faux things.

Tony Romas - gag! Where's the smoke?

Best ever - The County Line. The baby backs are sublime and the cowboy
beans are totally addictive.

http://www.countyline.com/