Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default engineering dirty rice

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Sun, 17 May 2009 06:22:30 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Sqwertz > wrote:

> >> Just make sure you don't get free range chicken gizzards.

> > Why?

> Because they're small and full of little rocks and dirt. FR
> chickens actually use their gizzards, unlike caged birds being fed
> controlled food.
>
> -sw

So iow, they've not been cleaned? Yeeks.
I can clean a gizzard, but don't understand why they'd sell them that
way!

Have you ever processed a gizzard from the "live" state Steve? Even a
cage fed bird, the inner membrane needs to be removed! I've never, ever
bought gizzards that have not had that done. I could tell since I've
done it.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.