Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default What happened to Rec.Food.Reipes?

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:

>> > Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup. The moderator retired. No
>> > one
>> > has emerged who wants to take that role. As a moderated NG messages are
>> > subject to a moderator's approval. There isn't a moderator and hence,
>> > there are no posted messages. This newsgroup is non moderated, and
>> > anything goes, as we all know. The fraction of good solid posts about
>> > cooking has become quite small, and overwhelmed by spams and flames. I
>> > wish there is a way to balance the extremes of moderated and
>> > non-moderated
>> > groups into something that would work. Is there a way we can keep the
>> > flaming foodies and dump the watch sellers?
>> >
>> > Hugh
>> >

>> Killfile googlemail and gmail and you won't see the spammers.
>>
>> Jill

> If you killfile gmail, you will lose a lot of good posters too. Many of
> us use gmail. :-(
> --
> Peace! Om

Ah, the blessings of Vista I get to pick and choose, sweetie. I see
your posts. I don't see the ones I don't want to. Other "real" newsreaders
allow you to write strings to block things. Blinky was very good at
informing people about that but alas, we lost Blinky.

Jill