Posted to rec.food.cooking
Hugh Hugh is offline

Default What happened to Rec.Food.Reipes?

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Serene Vannoy > wrote:
>
>>Soc.singles.moderated managed to keep itself almost completely free of
>>spam by moderating not the individual messages, but the first message
>>from any new posting address. There is a codeword in the FAQ for that
>>group, and anyone wanting to post needed to include that codeword in
>>their first post's subject line. The robomoderator would, if my memory
>>is correct, then strip the codeword and post the message. This kept out
>>all drive-by posts.

> Excellent idea, and one I've never myself heard of before.
>
> Steve

I'm guessing that is at the discretion of the moderator. As I understand
this once a group is either moderated or nonmoderated it can't turn the
other way. I think the moderator of the moderated group Serene is referring
to above did this on his/her own. I as well think it sounds like an
excellent idea. However it can't be applied to rec.food.cooking because
we're not a moderated group. At least that's my understanding. A new
moderator of rec.food.recipes could if such a person is found. It would be
nice of one could comment on recipes. Now that doesn't occur.

Hugh