Posted to rec.food.cooking
Hugh Hugh is offline

Default What happened to Rec.Food.Reipes?

"GW" > wrote in message
> Subject says it all. Where did it go?

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup. The moderator retired. No one has
emerged who wants to take that role. As a moderated NG messages are subject
to a moderator's approval. There isn't a moderator and hence, there are no
posted messages. This newsgroup is non moderated, and anything goes, as we
all know. The fraction of good solid posts about cooking has become quite
small, and overwhelmed by spams and flames. I wish there is a way to balance
the extremes of moderated and non-moderated groups into something that would
work. Is there a way we can keep the flaming foodies and dump the watch
sellers?

Hugh