Posted to rec.food.equipment
Andy[_15_] Andy[_15_] is offline

Default VitaMix Coupon for "Mother's Day Special" + FREE Shipping coupon

jt august said...

>> What? $450.00 for a blender???
>>
>> Am I on Candid Camera???

> No. These typically go for that price or a bit more, new. Check eBay,
> they hold their resale value. The vintage 3600 from the 80's can go for
> over $150 even still. But those of us who have them tend to like them.
> (I got very lucky in getting my used 3600, or else I would still be on
> the "maybe someday" side of the picture.) These are among the most
> powerful blenders on the market. They can make smoothies out of
> concrete.

jt,

It sounds more like an industrial blender rather than something you'd find
in a residential kitchen.

My BIL went ga-ga over the Vitamix machine after seeing it at a food show
in town in the early 1990s. He couldn't stop talking about it, during
Sunday NFL football even! To shut him up, I bought him one as a birthday
gift.

Never did learn how well it served him as my divorce ensued soon after.
Maybe I should've bought the wife one first?

I get by with my Mom's ancient, "million button" blender which sits idle
mostly. It does get nods for longevity! It's easily 40 years old or more.

Best,

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.