Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_5_] dsi1[_5_] is offline

Default What do they do with all the male chickens?

Jimw wrote:
> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
> are they not edible?

That's a very good question Billy. The sad truth is that there not much
use for males (which are called roosters or cocks.) The chicks are
separated by sex soon after they're born and the males get put into a
grinder and sold to folks that use ground male chick material to make
fun and useful items like skateboard decks and Fender Stratocaster bodies.

It's a tough life for chickens and roosters. Don't think about this
since it may give you bad dreams - it's better that way. And Billy,
don't worry, only a few humans ever get ground up like this!