Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Eating a burger with a knife & fork?

In article >,
Matthew Malthouse > wrote:

> On Sun, 10 May 2009 01:14:01 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> > Doug, I don't doubt you're wheat intolerant... but if I was, I'd never
> > eat a hamburger. Hamburger with no bun is totally unsatisfying.

> I do wonder why burger in a bun with fries?
>
> Meat and carb, okay. But why two carbs? I often end up not eating
> the bun: not because I don't like it but because it's just too much
> with everything else on the plate.
>
> Matthew

Many restaurants will now happily cater to low carbing customers by not
serving a bun. It's now a hamburger steak with a side salad of lettuce,
tomato, pickles and onions if desired. Steamed or saute'd veggie in
place of the fries.

"Grins" has never had a problem preparing my hamburger that way.

http://www.grinsrestaurant.com/

They are the oldest restaurant in town and have expanded 3 times in the
26 years I've lived here where I've seen numerous other places go out of
business.

When I belonged to the Fencing club back in college, they were just a
fancy hamburger joint. :-) They've really moved up in the world...

I miss fencing. I should get back into it. I've not picked up a sword
now for 21 years. <sigh> My reflexes were too slow to ever really be
any good at it, but I did take 2nd place in one Saber tournament...
I took 3 years of fencing classes when I was in college.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.