Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Eating a burger with a knife & fork?

"Bazza" > wrote:

> Who would eat a burger with a knife and fork?

Wheat intolerant guy who can't eat the bun answers -

Me usually. Sometimes I'll pull the bun and use the
wrapper to hold it (Wendy's wrappers keep in the oil
enough that my hands aren't filthy after eating one of
their burgers like that). Sometimes I'll order it with a
lettuce wrap (Hardees and In-n-Out have burgers in
a lettuce wrap). Sometimes I'll use a knife and fork
(most other chains and almost any place not a chain).

On the same scale - Where I grew up most pizza
places don't even stock forks. Pizza was to be
picked up. Then I went to college and experienced
other styles of pizza and places that do stock forks.
But being wheat intolerant few places have wheatless
crusts. My options are pull the topings by hand, use
a fork, find that rare place that has a wheatless crust.