Peter Newman

Default Skinless chicken breasts

Yesterday I took a couple of chicken breasts, put on some Goode Co. "fowl
rub" and let them sit awhile. I've got an electric ECB and put in some
soaked hickory chunks, got some light smoke going and put them on the upper
grill. After about 75 minutes their internal temp had reached 140. I took
the whole can off the heating element, put the grill just above the heat and
wood, brushed with some Tony Roma's N. Carolina sauce (OK, I know, I know,
but it was 99cents in the store and I wanted to try it. It's way too sweet
for ribs but has a nice vinegary taste that works with the chicken) and put
the breasts down on the grill. It put some nice grill marks on the meat and
put a little sugary crunch on the chicken.

My wife told me it was some of the best chicken she ever had. It was pretty
darn good but a bit dry in my opinion. Anybody have any advice for making
a good effort even better?