DL

Default A grand opening time frame

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:54:14 -0700, "Dave Bugg"
<deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote:

>What I try to do is to develop a good rapport with each vendor and
>salesperson. It is apparent that they are a great resources for various
>issues that can make the restaurant business more difficult than it needs to
>be, and also less profitable. An example: you have a heavy, unexpected
>demand on ribs because you are asked to cater a large business luncheon at
>the last minute. A sales rep that likes you, and has been treated fairly,
>can bust his hump to fill the sudden order.

I used to own a deli and bakery place and found that it was really
best to go with one vendor as much as possible. That salesman will
take care of you better and you save a ton of time ordering. Some
stuff such as bread will come from Sniders or Wonder but FSA, Rykoff,
or others of that ilk will take care of you if you get a cool
salesman. I foudn the salesman would bring stuff by himself if I ran
out of something. I also found that buying the bag in a boxes of Coke
products were waaay cheaper through FSA than through the local Coke
distributor. This was interesting for at that time the distributor
was a ******* who wouldn't deal and told customers they could take it
or leaveit but if they didn't buy from him they might have long waits
for service on the machines. When that happened (within a week of
these guys taking over the Coke distributorship) I switched to RC in a
flash. When the *******s lost the Coke franchise I went back.

Shopping around, going to CostCo, all that kind of stuff seems to make
fiscal sense up front but, when you get tired and busy, it becomes
worth it to spend more for delivery.

JUst my experience.

- -

DL