Posted to rec.food.preserving
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default I make good stuff!

"Brian Mailman" > wrote in message
m...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Anny Middon" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I just want to point out that you can make jam in those little
>>> half-cup jars. You'd throw out less that way.
>>>
>>> AND you'd have a few jars to give away as little presents. Label
>>> them "Julie's Own Gourmet Berry Jam (Naturally sweetened without
>>> sugar)." I find there are a lot of times when I want to give
>>> someone a little something, and a jar of jam is exactly right.

>> Nobody I know eats jam. When I made it before, nobody really wanted
>> it. I've also found that most people I know don't want home canned
>> stuff at all. They fear it might not be safe to eat.

> What sorts of things are you interested in preserving?

Well, I was putting up apples and pears before my husband butchered the pear
tree. Something is wrong with the apple tree now and it has teensy apples
that aren't worth trying to work with. I have a gardener now so perhaps he
can fix them. I do have another pear tree but I don't think they are the
kind of pears that do well with canning. We did use some one year to make
papplesauce. That's my daughter's word for it. Not sure I will be doing
anything this year or not. Daughter loves applesauce but she loves the
little single serve cups. She doesn't eat much of what I make. She likes
it fine, but she prefers the "cute" kind.