Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

Default Banana - cake and bread redux

Our kitchen has been turned into a bakery for the past few days.
Learning curves all the way.

I ended up making three loaves of banana bread using recipes from
elsie.com, Mr Bill's and Jinx. All came out well, but the elsie.com
one was a bit on the dry side. I would have used info's "Exported from
MasterCook" recipe, but I couldn't figure out what "Sugar Twin" meant.

I also made a banana cake using Rhonda's recipe. It was particularly
tasty.

After sampling each they all went to good non-weigh****cher homes and,
unless they're just being kind, they are being enjoyed by men, women
and children as I write. I almost changed my mind about giving away
Rhonda's cake, but relented when my wife gave me one of those looks
directed at my belt line.

One of the best things about all this is that I discovered that a
supermarket in town carries fresh buttermilk in smallish containers
and that it's always in stock. I'm freezing leftover buttermilk in a
new icecube tray I bought especially for that purpose.

So ... many thanks to all who have passed on recipes and suggestions.
Next time I'll try John's and Rusty's cake recipes. Our banana growing
friend rang last night to let me know that he's bringing over another
bunch over the weekend!!!

BTW - I ended up using new baking soda and even replaced the container
in the back fridge.

As someone once said, "You can never have enough baking soda."

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>