SS2

Default smoker novice - looking for help and/or advice

I only have the little brinkman sportsman smoker. I made a chicken the
other day and it was really good. I used charcoal and apple wood from our
trees. I slathered on some bbq sauce for the last couple of hours.

I'd like to smoke (honeysmoke) salmon plus I have a small 10 lb turkey that
I'd like to smoke.

could someone possible tell me where to learn how to do this? I know this
is a bbq site but does that include smokers?

I really like the flavor of the smoked food and if I can get educated
perhaps I'll look into a better smoker. I didn't know there was a
difference in lump or charcoal briquets (sp?).

These questions may seem dumb to most of you - but I need the kindergarten
version of instructions.

thanks in advance for any and all help.