Posted to rec.food.cooking
Arri London Arri London is offline

Default Cinco De Mayo

wrote:

> On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:37:48 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> déjelos comer la torta

> >Una Torta Compuesta del calle ...
> >
> >Mmmmmmm.
> >
> >Dimitri

> I' d mucho perfer un pastel de queso del amaretto
>
> MMmmmmmm

Or:

Quesadillas de chorizo y queso (from: Cocina Mexicana)

120 g de mozzarella rallada (1/4 lb grated mozzarella)
120 g de cheddar rallada (1/4 lb grated cheddar)
225 g de chorizo cocido (1/2 lb cooked Mexican chorizo)
4 cebollitas picadas (4 salad/green onions minced)
2 chiles verdes frescos, sin semillas y picados (2 fresh green chiles,
seeded and minced)
sal y pimienta (salt and pepper)
8 tortillas de harina de trigo (8 flour tortillas)
aceite vegetal, par untar (vegetable oil for greasing)
gajos de lima, para adornar (wedges of lime for garnish)

(Translated loosely)
Mix the cheeses, chorizo, salad onions, chile and salt and pepper in a
bowl. Divide the mixture among 4 flour tortillas and top with the
remaining 4 tortillas.
Heat a large frying pan (nonstick OK) over medium heat and grease with a
little oil. Fry a quesadilla until the bottom is light brown, about 4 or
5 minutes. Turn over and fry the other side until the cheeses start to
melt. Set aside and keep warm while frying the others.
Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Serve hot, topped with lime wedges.

Buen Provecho!