Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy[_2_] blake murphy[_2_] is offline

Default What Exactly is 'Kosher Salt' ?, As Opposed to Normal Salt?...

On Mon, 04 May 2009 11:00:18 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Mon, 04 May 2009 17:28:23 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 03 May 2009 14:58:24 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 03 May 2009 21:36:50 GMT, "James Silverton"

>>> Makes sense. I looked at the topic and only saw one post that
>>> mentioned "blessing". I don't think I saw anything regarding strict
>>> dietary laws, either.
>>>
>>> Again, I'm no expert on Jewish law, but I know that kosher means to be
>>> blessed and prepared according to certain dietary standards.
>>>
>>> Non Jews can be experts in Jewish lore, too. One never knows. Over
>>> the span of a lifetime and given enough intellectual curiosity and
>>> personal experiences, one becomes an "expert" based on a combination
>>> of factors - common sense and formal education as well as an open mind
>>> that trains the personality and produces *reasonable* responses to
>>> others in a sharing of knowledge and wisdom.

>>or you could google, and in about two seconds find out that you're full of
>>shit.

> This is a recipe group, blake. Can't you disagree without flaming?

i wouldn't flame you if you didn't insist you were right after being proven
wrong by numerous people (other than me). this is usually the sign of a
dick, circumcised or not.

> What is the traditional definition of "kosher"?
>
> If you know so ****ing much about it, then WHY didn't I see you
> before? Are you here to challenge and criticize whenever you can, cuz
> if you are, then you're a sick mother****er.
>
> Anyway, in the old style of Usenet.......
>
> <*PLONK*>

ohnoes!!! i've been PLONKED by someone i've made a fool of!!!

blake