Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] aem_again@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cinco De Mayo

On May 5, 6:35 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> felicidades en esta dia de borracho.

We need extra cerveza today after last night's Lakers debacle.
Probably will be Pacifico, maybe Bohemia. I'm on my way to the
Mexican market to pick up their marinated carne asada for the grill
for tacos. I'm thinking of making the oddball rice our amigos used to
make when they lived on a beach in Baja: sweat some white onion in
oil in the rice pot, add the rice and stir it around to coat with oil,
add a small drained can of Veg-All, chicken broth (and tomato juice
optional), cover, simmer till done. It's not something I recommend,
just one of those "family history" kind of things. Not quite comfort
food, but reminiscent of good times......

For those who are curious, Veg-All is a canned mixed vegetables
product that has been around for decades. Not distinguished in any
way but people with limited refrigerator/freezer space find it
handy. -aem