Posted to alt.food.wine
Anders Tørneskog Anders Tørneskog is offline

Default 1995 Monsanto Il Poggio Riserva

"Dee Randall" > skrev i melding ...

> I'm trying to understand a little mo
> The wine I'm linking to says that it is Cesari and Il Poggio 1995
> Your bottles were Monsanto and Il Poggio 1995

Nils is probably right about Il Poggio in general, but here is from the website of Castello di Monsanto on what they call "The first Chianti Classico crû .... made only in the best years":

Appellation: Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva
Production zone: Località Monsanto - Barberino Val d'Elsa (Florence)
Grape mixtu Sangiovese, 90%; Canaiolo and Colorino, 10%
Vineyard: Il Poggio (5.5 hectares)
Soil composition: schistose marl consisting of petrified clay
streaked with marly veins, rich in minerals
Yield per hecta 60-65 quintals (2.7-2.9 tons an acre)
Vinification: in stainless steel at a controlled temperature
with about 25 days of skin contact
Maturation: 18 months in French-oak barriques new
and used once before
Bottle aging: 12 months
First year of production: 1962