Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Yah Evets Yah Evets is offline

Default Carl's Starter + Mike's San Franciso Starter Recipe, FirstAttempt

After reading a bit and trying to figure out what went wrong, I think
the recipe that I was using might not be the best one for me to start
out with. Letting the bread rise for 12-16 hours isn't working for me
at all. The bread gets all messed up in that amount of time. So I am
going to try a poolish approach instead, and let the sour develop
beforehand, and then add more flour, make a loaf, let rise and pop in
the oven.. It seems a lot of recipes work this way, so I'm hopeful.

--
Steve
Rhay dEot MsteOve aVt gEmaiCl dAot PcomS