Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Natarajan Krishnaswami[_2_] Natarajan Krishnaswami[_2_] is offline

Default Botswana Bush tea

On 2009-04-28, Dominic T. > wrote:
> The flavor is interesting, you have to not think of it as "tea" proper
> and just drink it for what it is. There is no nuance or depth to speak
> of. I have some really good green Yerba Mate that is lemony and woody
> and I find more interesting than Rooibos.

I find the liquor straightforward and pleasant, a little sweet; but
the aroma is incredible: tobacco, vanilla, sweet wood. If you haven't
found that in your cup, perhaps the teabags are stale, rather than
rooibos just not being to your taste (not that there's anything wrong
with that *grin*)

It tastes more like tea if you add a splash of milk. E.g., I think it
works quite well in a caffeine free facsimile of masala chai.

N.