Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default cane vs. beet sugar

Phred wrote on Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:39:10 GMT:

> Unfortunately, in my ignorance I had succumbed to the
> _National Geographic_ colour tradition and was using
> Ektachrome slide film during my trip to the US and other
> places over that way, and my slides from that time are pretty
> much stuffed now. (Unlike my Kodachromes which are still
> pretty good from even 45 years ago -- and, fortunately, I
> switched back to KR135-36P once back home from that trip. :-)

It's perhaps OT Phred but let me encourage you to try restoring some of
the colors with Photoshop, either one of the full versions or Elements.
So long as the red (most often), blue or green is not completely
bleached out, I've had a good deal of luck with pictures from the late
50s.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland