Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin Lewis Perin is offline

Default Gaiwans have won

"Dominic T." > writes:

> [...]
>
> I mostly drink straight from it, with only a few teas requiring
> pouring off into a separate cup.

I imagine the teas you find requiring you to decant the liquor are
greens, right?

I think it's always worthwhile pouring off the liquor from the gaiwan
when it's done. That way, you get to drink it exactly the way you
want. The only time I drink from the brewing vessel is when I'm using
a travel brewer, like those double-walled Chinese glass things, and
that's a compromise.

I use gaiwans the great majority of the time, but I think there are
some valuable effects you can get from some teas only with an unglazed
(Yixing) teapot.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /