Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default How do you barbecue Cornish game hens?

Steve Calvin > wrote:

> Well this talk about CGH's got me to thinkin'.... I was going to do a
> rack of ribs on the WSM yesterday and tossed on 4 skinless/boneless
> chicken breasts with 'em. Standard 250d temp. I was out of ru and
> cheated using some Emeril's essence. Pulled 'em at 165dF. Now I'm not a
> big chicken fan but DAMN, they were down right good! Hit 'em with a bit
> of my Hawaiian style bbq sauce and they were really tasty.

I always have some chicken - either breasts or thighs - to throw on
the smoker when I do a rack of spares or a butt, or whatever. I
always make the best use of fuel. And chicken breasts have been
$.79/.99lb for the last few months. That's cheaper than most any
vegetable!

Anyway, I made the mistake of cooking unbrined chicken breasts
today. Never again will I not brine chicken beasts.

-sw