Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy[_2_] blake murphy[_2_] is offline

Default Are there any of the oldtimers left?

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 10:08:35 -0400, Jean B. wrote:

> Serene Vannoy wrote:
>> Debbie wrote:
>>
>>> I went and looked in the google archives. I've been posting under my
>>> first remembered email since 2001 on RFC by the looks of it. I was
>>> using a different feed through a BBS to access usenet beginning in the
>>> early '90s. Not sure just when I started lurking on RFC or whether I
>>> posted or not from the BBS.

>> I got online in 1998. Looks like the first Google Groups heard of me was
>> in December of '05, but the new groups search is so horrendous that I
>> don't really trust it.
>>
>> Serene
>>

> Same story and thought here. Google has absolutely ruined the
> group search function.

are you talking about the archive itself, or the interface? someone posted
a pointer to the old search page here not long ago:

<http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/GoogleGroupsAdvSearch.htm>

look familiar?

your pal,
blake