Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default OT Susan Boyle

"Goomba" wrote:
> brooklyn1 wrote:
>> "Goomba" wrote:

>>> But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to recognize that perhaps if she
>>> polished up the package a bit, she'd have more opportunity to play..
>>> Human nature being what it is, we do tend to favor (even subconsciously)
>>> attractive people.

>> That's not only untrue it's extremely shallow. It's all relative...
>> beauty is in the eye of the beholder... there's a stick for every broom.
>> One man's junk is another man's treasure.
>>

> It is entirely true, Sheldon. Sociologists and Anthropologists have long
> and often studied our penchant towards the more attractive and the
> particular features we seek when it comes to mating.

That's only true in so far as how one defines *their* attractiveness.
Antropologists and socialogists have proven that men look for the
physicality of females that can bear children. And females look for males
who can feed, clothe and support them and their children. Superficial
physical charicteristics play no part whatsoever... in fact they look for
someone who is not so pretty of face so that there will be fewer who will
try to steal them away.

Those who think exterior attractiveness is at the top of the mating list are
those who have an overinflated image of their own appearance... hardly
anyone ever looks at the face of their partner during sexual encounters and
in fact most fantacise about someone else, typically someone more physically
attractive but who is less likely to want and/or able to have children
and/or is less able to support the family. Hollywood is filled with so
called attractive types, that are throw aways... and most only look
attractive in their professionally applied make up and expensive clothing,
but don't look at them first thing in the morning. The planet just doesn't
contain all that many physcally attractive people, the majority are very
ordinary, not even very memorable looking. But put Susan Boyle's image on
the big screen for a month and no one will ever forget her... she's for real
in every way possible and that's as attractive as attractive gets...
superficial beauty fades, dumb is forever.