Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] is offline

Default Messin' with the bees

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:54:21 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
> wrote:
>
>Bees are soooooooo critical to agriculture. ND is a big honey
>producing state. Most of the honey is clover honey at least in the
>fall. Our bees are trucked to warmer climes in winter. IIRC we won't
>get Africanized bees because it's too cold here in the spring and the
>fall.
>Lynn in Fargo

The bees survived their journey to the garden, but it became apparent
yesterday that I'd placed the hive to close to the garden.

So at dusk this evening, I moved them again -- this time about a
hundred yards away from the garden. Hive-haulin' modom, out there on
the prairie schlepping bees across the fields.

I still need to figure out a water source for them, but it'll come.
--

modom