Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default Messin' with the bees

Omelet wrote:

> My Brother in Law wants to start a bee hive in my back yard.
> I plan to fence off the area that he can use with a gate. It's a high
> spot in the yard so it won't flood, and it'll be beeneficial for any
> gardening that I plan to do.

When I planned the site for my beehive (many years ago),
I chose a place with a lot of bushes around it, to block
line-of-sight between the hive and anywhere people would be.
Along one side where there were no bushes, I dug up some
nearby bushes and transplanted them to form a wall.
The concern was to protect people from being attacked
by my bees, not to hide the hive.