Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kajikit[_2_] Kajikit[_2_] is offline

Default Messin' with the bees

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:47:45 -0500, "modom (palindrome guy)"
> wrote:

>Last week we discovered not one, but two small swarms of bees in an
>oak tree in our side yard. It took some phone calls to the county
>extension service and then to a couple of bee guys, but Thursday
>evening Don, a bee wrangler from the county seat, showed up to take
>care of them for us. D had a work gig that evening, so it was I who
>witnessed bee wrangling first hand.

(snip story)

>I wonder if the bees are still there? I saw one enter the hive
>tonight before the move, but if it got unpleasant enough in there this
>morning, I could see them deciding to relocate after the storm.
>
>We'll know tomorrow.

I hope they stayed put and love their nice new home! Mama had a hard
time finding anyone to come and deal with their bee situation when the
darned things decided to swam onto the plum tree. They had three
swarms in as many weeks and it was an expensive business getting rid
of them.