Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Pefect Prime Rib - every time

Evelyn > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > krom > wrote:
: > : LOL..thats what my wife does!
: >
: > : I cook the meat to my doness and she nukes it after to hers and loves
: > it.
: >
: > : She does the same with all meats..even fried chicken she will nuke till
: > its
: > : like a rock..but makes her happy.
: >
: > : KROM
: >
: > I do that for my D-I-L too.

: Speaking of nukes..... I finally broke down and bought a new microwave oven.
: I had a little old cheapie that cost maybe $50 years ago. It wasn't
: working right but we just kept on using it. Finally I got annoyed enough
: with it, to seriously consider replacing it.

: This time I bought a commercial type Panasonic for $150 in Sam's Club. WOW
: what a difference! First of all it is seriously larger, even though it was
: the smaller of the two models of Panasonic commercial quality MW ovens they
: had to offer.

: The power is unbelievable. No more hot spots. Shorter times needed to do
: everything. Big enough to put a large square pan or large platter of food
: in it. The old one was not good for much but to quickly thaw out a burger
: or cook rice, but this one is noticeably better in every way.

: The only problem is that it takes up a lot of counter space and that is
: something that is at a premium in anyones kitchen. I am looking around at
: the kitchen trying to figure out where I could put a table or cart or stand
: so that I can move it there and gain my counter space back.
: --
: Best Regards,
: Evelyn

Good luckwith it. Use it for all your plain vegetable cooking and it is
great for quick fish dishes, like fish with sliced onions and peppers adn
salsa, nuked until done. It works for thin(tilapia) or thick(salmon)
fish, just vary the times by the thickness. Invest in Barbara kafka's
Microwave Gourmet for lots of recipe ideas and a kind of dictionalry of
foods and timings for the microwave. I do a number of her recipes, but
often siplify them a bit for spped f prep. It shoudl still be available
in paper or look for used on B&N or Amazon

Wendy