frohe

Default got any FundRaiser BBQ experiences

MikeThibodeau wrote:
> The local scout troop is looking for fundraiser ideas and I bring

BBQ
> to their annual troop dinner.

Unless all the fixins are donated, the troop will get little return
for the price you'll have to charge to get folks to show up other than
the troop's families.

Back when I had my troop, our best fundraisers were
... a pancake breakfast.
... Selling cokes and candies at the local city festival each
year.

By far, the best was the local city festival. Any of the local soft
drink distributors can set you up with a trailer, cups, ice, etc. Get
the candy from Sam's Club. We sold the 20 oz cokes for $1.00. About
15¢ of that covered the cost of the coke, ect., leavin the troop to
pocket the other 85¢. Typically, we made close to $1,500/festival.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry