Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Pefect Prime Rib - every time

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: >
: > Same amount of time regardless of size of roast?

: Time means nothing to me, Priscilla. Appearance: Nice sear? Pulling back
: off the bone? Feel: When you pick them up by one end rib, do they
: fold/break in the middle. Temp: Depends on what you like, eh? For me, that
: would be 135 F internal; for others, maybe as much as 160 F. The more rare
: you want it, the higher the cook temp. The nice thing about cooking is that
: besides learning from your mistakes, you get to eat them (or worst case,
: the dog does)! Keep notes.
: Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their

It is just so difficult, and expensive to learn on a standing rib roast,
partcularly if you bu a kosher one at about $18 per pound! I'd experiment
with soe other cut, like rolled shulder( a kosher cut) or oone of the
round or sirloin roasts(unkosher:-)

Wendy