MikeThibodeau

Default got any FundRaiser BBQ experiences

<oops, posted to abf first>

Any of you ever do fundraiser BBQ?
Any experiences folks could share?

The local scout troop is looking for fundraiser ideas and I bring BBQ to
their annual troop dinner.
They all rave over it and there tends to be very little leftovers.

I have a buffet menu in mind and can get access to a health dept. certified
kitchen at the church where the scouts meet.

Items to avoid?
Amounts to have on hand vs. number of people?

tentative menu::
pulled pork (rolls available for sammiches)
beef brisket (rolls available for sammiches)
pork spareribs and country-style ribs
split chicken breasts
A big dutch oven of Brisket -n- bean chili
maybe a dutch oven chili cookoff (patrolls each cook dutch to compete
against mine)
grilled corn on cob
baked beans
possibly sweet potato fries
coleslaw
corn bread
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade (scout events dont allow alcohol -sigh-)
and plenty of sweet tea

plus have troop parents bring cakes/cookies/pies for bakesale
(of course a couple burgers and dogs for the foolish and finicky)