Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Carne Asada burritos-- in your town?

kimberly wrote about carne asada burritos:

> She's been making them at home, but swears there's something missing with
> the meat. Got a favorite recipe to share?

I've found "Taqueria Tech" very accurate in replicating that kind of
near-street food. The site was defunct for some years, but has been restored
and can be read at www.bbqdan.com/recipes/TAQUERIA_TECH.html. Their recipe
for carne asada has these ingredients: flank steak, dried California or
pasilla chilies, safflower oil, finely chopped garlic cloves, finely chopped
white or green onion, lemon and/or lime juice, and (last but DEFINITELY NOT
LEAST) tequila.

Bob