Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Sourdough recipes that call for both starter and yeast.

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 21:49:38 -0500, QT
> wrote:

>Kenneth wrote:
><snipped>
>

>> You seem to be responding to my question as if I had
>> advocated using both SD, and commercial yeast.
>> I am not advocating that, or anything else.
>>
>> I don't even have any particular interest in trying this
>> "mixed leavening thing." (Though, by the way, it is widely
>> used in France.)

>I have done some Googling and can not not seem to find anything to
>confirm this "widely used in France" statement. Please elaborate.
>
>Just for the record, I am not advocating one approach or the other. I
>am way too inexperienced to make any comments. So far, though, judging
>by the web pages I get from Googling and answers I get from this news
>group, the consensus seems to be one or the other, but not both.
>
>Ian

Hi Ian,

It may have been one of those pesky hallucinations...

I checked (what I thought to be) my source, and can't find
the material on the topic.

If I get more information, I'll post it, but for now, we
will have to chalk it up to a bout of (seemingly ever more
frequent) temporary insanity.

All the best,
--
Kenneth