Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Mike Romain[_2_] Mike Romain[_2_] is offline

Default Sourdough recipes that call for both starter and yeast.

Kenneth wrote:
> I don't even have any particular interest in trying this
> "mixed leavening thing." (Though, by the way, it is widely
> used in France.)

I have read other places and heard 'and' it has been posted here in this
newsgroup by a French Baker that they (commercial bakers) use a small
percent of bakers yeast in their sourdough.

I was under the understanding it was used to help control the rise
timing so they can actually have their bread ready for the morning or
afternoon rush every time.

I use it now and then for exactly that with good results. The folks
that eat my bread (my 'market') like this type of 'hybrid' loaf now and
then.

Mike
Some bread photos: http://www.mikeromain.shutterfly.com