Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Oat date nut bread machine bread - 1 1/2 lb loaf

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:44:10 -0500, George Shirley
> > wrote:
>
>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Oat Nut Date Bread

>> In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, milk powder, undissolved
>> yeast, salt and cinnamon. Heat water and butter until very warm, 120º to
>> 130ºF. Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in egg, oats, dates, walnuts and
>> enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured
>> surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest
>> on floured surface 10 minutes.

> - - - - -
>
> To make this in a bread machine, do you just add everything at once
> and turn the machine on? What cycle do you use?
>
> Christine

Depends upon the bread machine, mine says to add liquids first and then
the dry ingredients. Plus there is a stage in the second kneading where
an alarm rings and then you add the dates and nuts. Oatmeal goes in with
flour. I used the Basic cycle, works well with this recipe.

Okay, I see what happened, the recipe is stored in two places in MC and
I picked up the one that is done by hand. Will go back and get the bread
machine recipe and post it instead. Thanks Christine, didn't realize I
had goofed.