Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester[_2_] Puester[_2_] is offline

Default I know how to deal with the expense of batteries for electriccars

Nancy Young wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> IMO, the hybrid and electric cars are not quite proven technology.
>> That clean electric fuel often comes from dirty generating plants. The
>> expensive batteries will have to be recycled to avoid
>> contamination from the chemicals. Moving the greenhouse gasses from
>> the car to a powerplant does not solve the problems, at least not yet.

> Refreshing to hear someone say that. We have all this pollution
> drifting over from coal burning electric plants in the midwest, then
> people refer to electric cars as non-polluting. Just because smoke
> doesn't come out of your electric outlets doesn't mean it's clean
> energy, necessarily.
> nancy

So far the alternatives (wind, solar, ocean tide waves)
aren't being used or researched in high enough volume to
provide clean energy for a fraction of those who want it.
It may be in our great-grandchildren's lifetimes but I doubt
very much it will be in ours. Meanwhile we need to take
advantage of what IS available.

gloria p