Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Default Are there any of the oldtimers left?

Michael Nielsen wrote:

> That rings a bell... by "new" you mean a few years, dont you?

Nope. Just a couple of years. We celebrate our second anniversary next
week. Still honeymooning! ;-)

>> I do love good brussel sprouts. Your version sounds quite similar to
>> Thomas Keller's "Bouchon".

> Where is that? Where is a good restaurant to get a good steak? (none
> in Davis)

Bouchon is in Yountville. It's part of that Napa area. The other two
Thomas Keller Napa restaurants -- The French Laundry, and 'ad hoc' --
are also in Yountville and within walking distance of each other. Bob
said his steak and frites at Bouchon were some of the best he's ever
had. I had lamb that night. We had a really lovely hanger steak at 'ad
hoc' but they have a fixed price menu that changes daily. It was only by
chance that we had that served to us since we didn't know what it was
going to be when we made our reservations. You'd have to check with them
before a menu is posted to see when they serve that again.

> Going to see whales at Point Reyes much? I went the last two weekends,
> without much luck.
> Might go again this weekend, or go to lake tahoo.

We were at Point Reyes just a few weeks ago, but for cheese from the
Cowgirl Creamery and then on to Tomales Bay for fresh oysters. I don't
think you'll be seeing any whales at Lake Tahoe! ;-) Ski bunnies maybe,
but no whales.

--Lin