Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Default Are there any of the oldtimers left?

Michael Nielsen wrote:

> So I wonder - is silvia, damsel in dis dress, gregory, blake, chrisd,
> tammy, sheldon the rude, jill the scot, et. al. still around?

Hi Michael! Dams, Gregory, Blake, Chris D, Tammy, Jill and yes, Sheldon
- posting under the nym of Brooklyn1. You'll recognize his 'style' right
off.

I'm a relative newcomer to the group, recent acquisition, er wife, to
Bob Terwilliger.

> PS: I am atm cooking brussel spouts (boiled slightly, fried in butter
> so the shell is caramelized), home-made guacamole (without
> foodprocessor or blender), and a nice steak from The Co-op. And having
> it with a napa valley Rom Bauer Cab "stags leap district" (the winery
> is beautiful btw).

I do love good brussel sprouts. Your version sounds quite similar to
Thomas Keller's "Bouchon". Love their sprouts -- and the restaurant! And
that is a fine wine you are having with it. Bob and I are in NorCal so
we get out that way (and your way) quite often.

Chris D is in New Mexico, but we hope to have her back "home" in the Bay
area soon.

Welcome back!

--Lin