Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Project use-what-we-have

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> As we are kinda broke right now (and will be for at least the next month
> or so -- we can pay our bills and stuff, but don't have a lot extra), I'm
> embarking on a project to use up stuff in the cupboards before buying
> extra foodstuffs, whenever possible. I'll still buy fresh veggies and
> stuff, of course, unless the money really runs out, but I'm going to try
> to use up the staples.

If you have a good deal of rice then think Asian - especially if you have
some Asian veggies.

a nice fried rice with fresh veggies is one of my favorites. If there is a
small piece of leftover chicken or pork or whatever all the better -

If you have eggs a giant torta (Spanish Omelets) is very filling and well
balanced.

Don't know where you live but in the good ads this week there were some
coupons for Vons (Safeway) # 1 Butter 99 cents
18 eggs 99 cents. Life cereal 99 cents.

Been there done that....

Dimitri