Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Lime stuff

So I bought a bag of Lay's Limon potato chips. They just looked appealing
to me. I don't normally like potato chips. But I freakin' LOVE these
things! The lime taste is sooo strong and good. But I realize that potato
chips aren't very good for me to be eating. Not often anyway.

Then I got to remembering the Wine Nuts that I bought a few years ago. They
were very good with a nice lime flavor too! But they were expensive and
contained sugar. I did try to re-create this on my own but couldn't get the
good strong flavor that they did.

So I got to thinking... Is there a way to get a strong lime flavor into
peanuts? I would prefer them not to have a sweet flavor. Just salty. I
have seen plenty of recipes (and product for sale) for chili lime peanuts.
I don't think I would like these. I like chili just fine. But I don't
think I would like it on nuts. I generally don't like foods that are
flavored like other things. Why I like the lime...I just don't know.

Thanks!