Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig is offline

Default need a reciepe

On Mar 28, 1:37Â*pm, sf > wrote:

> Please post that chicken and sausage casserole recipe! Â*Everything
> sounds spectacular right now.

================================
sf: "Lisa Ann" from South Carolina (or with connections to South
Carolina) posted this a couple of months ago. I haven't made it yet
but I bought the sausage (hard to find up here!) This sounds
sooooooooooo good!

CHICKEN BOG
Chicken Bog is a low-country (SC) dish that my (new) hubby taught me
how to €¨make. Â*This stuff is *good*! Â*All measurements are
approximate, ۬unfortunately, since I don't measure when I cook.

2lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 lb good andouille sausage
5-6 celery ribs
2 large onions
1-2 large bell peppers (any color)
Lots of coarse ground pepper
Lots of 5-pepper spice powder
Lots of Frank's Hot Sauce
Lots of Tabasco Sauce
3 cups of rice
Couple of bay leaves
Couple of pinches of kosher salt
Fill a your stock pot or soup pot with cold water. Â*Throw in the
chicken ۬thighs, 2 ribs of celery (diced), 1 whole onion (quartered),
the salt and €¨some pepper and a bay leaf. Â*Simmer for a couple of
hours until the chicken €¨is done and falling apart. Â*

Remove the chicken to a plate and let cool until ۬you can shred it.
Â*Skim the fat off the broth, then strain it and pitch the €¨now cooked-
to-death celery and onion. Â*Slice the andouille up and put it in €¨the
broth, along with the remaining celery and onion and the bell peppers
(diced). Â*Shred the chicken and return that to the pot. Â*Simmer until
the €¨andouille is done. Â*

Pour in the 3 cups of rice (make sure you've got at ۬least 6 cups of
broth in the pot - the goal is to make a gloppy mess, not to ۬have
fluffy rice Â*If you don't have enough, add low-sodium chicken broth
to €¨the pot.) Â*Simmer until you can throw a spoonful of the stuff
against the €¨wall and it sticks. Â*While you're stirring and waiting
for the rice to ۬stick, add pepper, 5-pepper powder, Franks and
Tabasco. Â*When you think €¨you've added enough, add more. Â*And then
more.

We had this a couple weeks ago, and made my mom try it. Â*She hates
spicy-hot €¨food. Â*Which probably explains why she'd eat a spoonful,
complain how hot it ۬was...and then eat another spoonful...and
another...the stuff's addictive.
Enjoy!
Lisa Ann

Go for it!