Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default is sugar making a comeback?

blake murphy wrote:
> fron the *new york times*:
>
> Sugar Is Back on Food Labels, This Time as a Selling Point

well, I certainly was excited to go into my local Publix for some Taylor
Pork Roll early one morning on the way home from work. No one there
shopping yet but the Coke delivery man was there. Holding my TPR, I
asked him if the Kosher Coke was available? He replied that it was
upfront in a huge display getting ready for the Passover shoppers.
I scarfed up a 2 liter bottle (look for the yellow cap) and some
wonderfully decadent dark chocolate covered Streit's Matzo.

I wondered if anyone considered the TPR along with the other items a bit
trashy?
Goomba