Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] aem_again@yahoo.com is offline

Default is sugar making a comeback?

On Mar 28, 10:46*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> fron the *new york times*:
>
> Sugar Is Back on Food Labels, This Time as a Selling Point
>
> By KIM SEVERSON
> Published: March 20, 2009
>
> Sugar, the nutritional pariah that dentists and dietitians have long
> reviled, is enjoying a second act, dressed up as a natural, healthful
> ingredient. [snip]

HFCS tastes different than sugar, don't ya think? Some markets here
in SoCal are selling Coca Cola imported from Mexico and getting a
premium price for it because it's made with sugar and tastes better
("like it used to"). HFCS has served a useful purpose for me, in that
I look for it on the labels of things like pasta sauces and if it's
there I know I probably won't like the taste. -aem